Recently I have developed a lot of interest in learning Big Data and started exploring different learnings. I will provide links to some of the good resources I came across here, so that this would be a good starting point. I would request readers to suggest any additional readings in the comments.
1. Getting Started with Microsoft Big Data – From Microsoft Virtual Academy. This training has good introduction to using Windows Azure HDInsight. The sessions walk you through running MapReduce Jobs, Hive etc. These sessions a little out dated but you will get an Idea
2. Getting started with Windows Azure HDInsight : This has the latest documentation with up to date information on HDInsight.
The above two links are from Microsoft Technologies.
3. Yahoo! Hadoop Tutorial : This has a very good description of Hadoop Architecture
5. Introduction to Hadoop and MapReduce: This is a course on Udacity. Very quick to finish. Really nice one.
6. Map Reduce – A really simple Introduction – here
Please do suggest any good references that would help me and other readers.