This is the solution to the dice problem in “First technical post!?”
Here you need the sum to be exactly within the range 1-12
So how do we proceed? The total number of possible outcomes with 2 dice is 6*6 = 36. And the total numbers in the range 1-12 is 12, since the probability should be the same, every sum can occur 36/12 = 3 times. is this fine? Now since you need a sum 1, there should be atleast 1 zero and since the sum 1 should appear 3 times there should be 3 zeroes. Now since there should be a sum 12 there should be atleast one 6 on the other die, since the sum 12 should also appear 3 times, there should be 3 sixes too. Now you have 3 zeroes and 3 sixes, so 3+3 = 6, which covers all the sides of the other cube.
If you have any other number other than 0 or 6 on the other cube, the probablity will not be the same!
Lets solve a logical puzzle.
There is an island filled with grass and trees and plants. The only inhabitants are 100 lions and 1 sheep.
The lions are special:
1) They are infinitely logical, smart, and completely aware of their surroundings.
2) They can survive by just eating grass (and there is an infinite amount of grass on the island).
3) They prefer of course to eat sheep.
4) Their only food options are grass or sheep.
Now, here’s the kicker:
5) If a lion eats a sheep he TURNS into a sheep (and could then be eaten by other lions).
6) A lion would rather eat grass all his life than be eaten by another lion (after he turned into a sheep).
1) Assume that one lion is closest to the sheep and will get to it before all others. Assume that there is never an issue with who gets to the sheep first. The issue is whether the first lion will get eaten by other lions afterwards or not.
2) The sheep cannot get away from the lion if the lion decides to eat it.
3) Do not assume anything that hasn’t been stated above.
So now the question:
Will that one sheep get eaten or not and why?
Courtesy : http://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/9026/survival-of-the-sheep.html